- Account Options
- Stars and Stripes in Peril on Apple Books
- Get A Copy
- Stars and Stripes in Peril (Stars and Stripes Series #2)
Taken as a whole, this insightful series shows how the elements of modern warfare could have combined much earlier, and just how little the U. Forecast: The jacket depicting a Confederate soldier aboard an ironclad vessel flying the Stars and Stripes nicely conveys the novel's theme. During alternative history month, of course.
View Full Version of PW. More By and About This Author.
Buy this book. Apple Books.
- Love: A Guide to Advancing Your Soul?
- Prehistoric Rock Art in Britain.
- Alternate History Weekly Update: Review: "Stars and Stripes" trilogy by Harry Harrison.
- Bindi Babes;
Zeebra Books. Show other formats.
Stars and Stripes in Peril on Apple Books
What I don't enjoy is a book that claims to be alternate history when large parts of it show that the writer has made a mockery of the whole idea by doing very little actual research. Very little in the book stands up to actual analysis and it goes WELL beyond the level of declaring for example that Operation Sealion worked. For example, the US troops do vastly better than TODAY's military could do, enjoy a technological dominance that simply didn't exist, embrace attitudes that are out of time and sweep their differences under the carpet to deal with British chin-stroking morons.
The Patriot, the holywood movie, showed more research than this. And that was awful.
- Stars and Stripes trilogy - Wikipedia;
- Pablo - tome 1 - Max Jacob (French Edition).
- En poder del griego (Bianca) (Spanish Edition).
- Come Hang Out With WIRED at Our 2-Day Festival | WIRED.
- The House of the Seven Gables (Oxford Worlds Classics);
- Lanis Story (wt)!
- See a Problem??
Guest Review by Chris Nuttall. His Stainless Steel Rat series remains one of my favourite comedy SF books, although the last one wasn't so good.
Get A Copy
His attempts at writing more serious novels have generally been flops, although there have sometimes been redeeming features that made up for tissue-thin plots and unexciting characters. Harrison is not cut out for writing serious novels and it shows.
- Folk Art Revealed | American Folk Art Museum;
- A Kairos Moment for Caribbean Theology: Ecumenical Voices in Dialogue.
- ISBN 13: 9780345409362.
And then there is the Stars and Stripes series. I shall be blunt. The series is completely without a single redeeming point at all. The level of research demonstrated by Harrison is roughly on the same level as a primary schoolchild writing his first short story. The characterisation is pretty much non-existent.
Stars and Stripes in Peril (Stars and Stripes Series #2)
The understanding of contemporary issues in the United States, Confederate States, Britain and Ireland is very limited. His grasp of military affairs Adrian Cook April 12, at PM. Sebastien April 12, at PM. Mitro April 12, at PM.